Over the weekend we had a chance to take Toyota’s new Venza out for a spin and came away impressed.
First Impressions – 2009 Toyota Venza AWD V6
- Tons of flexible interior storage
- Rear cargo area is larger than you’d expect
- Stylish but not extravagant
- Controlled & comfortable ride
- Drives just like a Camry- a good mix between plush and responsive
- Interior textures look good and give softness to overly hard plastic pieces
A virtual Camry wagon. Solid and understated, the Venza should sell well but may cut into Camry sales. We wish some of the interior pieces had a softer feel.
Specifications as tested
Engine: 3.5L VVT-i V6 (ULEV-II)
Power: 268-horsepower @ 6200rpm / 246lb-ft @4700rpm
Transmission: 6-speed automatic with ECT-i and sequential shift
Construction: Reinforced unitized body
EPA mileage ratings: 18mpg city / 25mpg highway
Find out more, read up on the full specifications, or build one out for yourself at the Toyota Venza website